On average, homeowners spend $3,000 dollars on termite damage repairs after making the discovery of these pests in their homes. Termites slowly eat away wood and wood products resulting in buckling ceilings/walls, maze-like designs in wood structures, bubbled painted walls and more. To make matters worse, it can take years for termite damage to show up, leaving the structure of your home vulnerable until you notice the signs.
As the temperature warms and spring months arrive, termite mating season will begin. This means new colonies. To ensure your home won’t have a target on its back, check out our 10 prevention tips:
1. Eliminate entry points such as gaps around water and gas lines
2. Repair leaking water pipes and AC units
3. Keep wood debris, lumber, mulch, cardboard, and paper away from the foundation of your home
4. Replace mortar and weather stripping around the foundation and window of your home
5. Inspect the foundation of your home for mud tubes, hollow wood, and bubbled paint
6. Repair rotted roof shingles
7. Store firewood/lumber at least 20 feet from your home
8. Inspect wooden fences or decks frequently for termite activity
9. Check crawl spaces periodically for moisture
10. Schedule routine professional inspection
Unfortunately, there are no DIY methods that will eliminate your termite problem. Contacting a pest professional immediately will prevent these pests from causing even more damage to your home’s structural support and will help you identify the extent of your problem. Contact your local pest experts today to explore your termite treatment and prevention options.
SOUTHEAST MO AREA: CALL OR TEXT 573-803-7828
SOUTHWEST MO AREA: CALL OR TEXT 417-831-7378