How do I prevent those pesky mice?
Though mice are small, furry, and sometimes even kind of cute, no one wants to have a mouse problem in their home. Mice can cause all kinds of damage such as electrical fires due to gnawed through wires. In fact, in the U.S., rodents alone cause around $20 billion in damages.
Here are a few ways you can protect your home from these scurrying critters this fall and winter.
- Keep basements, attics or crawl spaces dry and ventilated.
- Seal any cracks or holes outside the home. Rodents can crawl through these gaps easily and infiltrate your home. Use caulk or steel wool to seal these areas.
- Reduce the moisture level around your home. Things such as leaking pipes or clogged drains can encourage pests to come inside.
- Store all food in airtight containers and avoid leaving open packages of food on countertops or in pantries and cupboards. Mice love to eat human scraps and having bacteria-ridden vermin hanging out in your eating space is not ideal.
- Try installing door sweeps on your doors screen your vents and chimney openings.
Regarding mouse prevention for your home that Bug Zero can provide, we can install tamper resistant exterior mouse bait stations. These stations provide an opportunity for mice to feed on the bait before they gain access to the interior of your home. We also include caulking and sealing of small entry points around HVAC lines or cable lines to minimize entry points. Of course, if it’s too late for the prevention stage and rodents have already come in your home, call a pest care professional to help you get rid of them. We a team full of have highly trained professionals ready to help you!
Get started with Bug Zero today!
Or give us a call if you have questions about the services we offer.
CAPE AREA: CALL OR TEXT 573-803-7828
SPRINGFIELD AREA: CALL OR TEXT 417-831-7378