Who doesn’t love to get cozied up on a crisp autumn evening? Much like we humans love getting inside to some comfortable warmth during this season, so do many pests. Fall is the time of year that pests like mice, crickets and spiders make their journey into your home to get in on the comfy, cozy action.
Here are a few tips we suggest to keep your home protected from these uninvited seasonal guests.
- Keep places such as basements, attics or crawl spaces dry and ventilated. Since many pests are attracted to humid locations for survival, use things such as a dehumidifier to keep the aforementioned areas dry.
- Be on the lookout for cracks in foundation around the house. They may be small spaces, but plenty of pests can make their way through these unintentional entryways. Use caulk to seal those areas up.
- If you keep firewood near the home, move it away from the house. As a rule of thumb, it needs to be kept at least 20 feet away from your home and preferably not in direct contact with soil.
- Keep counters clean and remove crumbs or any food remnants from the home. Pests love feeding on our leftover morsels. And don’t forget, they love pet food too! Put away pet dishes after pet feeding times. Also do not feed your outside pets more than they will consume. Leftover food attracts mice and wildlife.
- Try to inspect any storage boxes, packages or shopping bags that come in the home. Shake or clean them out to rid the container of any critters. Storing belongings in plastic tubs with sealed lids is preferred over cardboard boxes.
If you want to feel an extra sense of security this year, trust us to keep your home protected from these pests.
Or give us a call if you have questions about the services we offer.
CAPE AREA: CALL OR TEXT 573-803-7828
SPRINGFIELD AREA CALL OR TEXT: 417-831-7378