Attic Pest Control
When there is a pest infestation in your home, you may find out by coming across the pest, their droppings, webs, etc. But what about the less traveled spaces such as your attic? Typically, we visit attics to pull items out of storage or tuck something away. So, maybe a handful of times each year? This could mean pests are enjoying your warm, dark attic with little human disruption. To top it off, there are usually many nooks and crannies to hide in. One of the main invaders to be on the lookout for is mice and rats.
Mice and Rats are pests that can threaten your home and your health. They are known for gnawing on electrical wiring, drywall, and other structural pieces which can lead to house fires and a weakened home structure. Rodents also acquire materials such as insulation and packing supplies to build their nests. These invaders can bring fleas, ticks, and mites into a home, cause allergic reactions with their urine, leave behind droppings, and spread hazardous diseases such as typhus, salmonellosis, and jaundice.
To protect your items in storage and your home, here are some tips to keep rodents out of your attic:
- Avoid leaving trash outside your home for long periods of time.
- Seal trash cans/bins properly.
- Avoid using cardboard boxes when storing items.
- Check for overhanging trees and greenery near your roof.
- Patch holes in the floorboard, walls, and roof with wire mesh, steel pads, or caulk.
- Secure chimneys with a cap.
- Stack firewood and debris away from your house.
If you hear squeaking, gnawing, or scurrying coming from your attic, it may mean you have some invaders. Rats and mice reproduce rapidly so be sure to contact your licensed pest exterminators right away.
CAPE GIRARDEAU AREA: CALL OR TEXT 573-803-7828
SPRINGFIELD AREA: CALL OR TEXT 417-831-7378