Mosquito & Tick Suppression
Our most popular mosquito and tick suppression package is an add-on to our InsectaShield® residential service package.
It’s Easy to Add Mosquito & Tick Treatments and Suppression to Your InsectaShield® Package.
We treat your home backyard areas monthly during peak outdoor pest pressure months. The service is completed with our equipment that targets plant foliage, shaded areas and roof edges where mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, fleas and other outdoor pests frequent. This service offers 60 days of residual value and will ensure that you can enjoy your backyard deck and pool areas throughout the summer!
Mosquito & Tick Suppression
Living in the heartland has many benefits, but all the mosquitoes & ticks certainly aren’t one of them! We can treat the exterior of your home so you don’t have to worry about smelly sprays or candles in order to enjoy an evening in your backyard. Get in touch with us and take back those summer evenings!
Let Our Mosquito & Tick Exterminators Help
If mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, fleas and other outdoor pests are ruining your outdoor summer activities, Bug Zero offers many options to suppress these outdoor pests. Bug Zero’s certified technicians have the necessary equipment and knowledge to address your mosquito & tick control needs and include site evaluation and recommendations and foliage application. Our technicians are Public Health Pest Control and Aquatic Pest Control certified and will help make your summer outdoor activities enjoyable once again.
- gated communities
- golf courses
- outdoor parties
- or any other outdoor area where mosquitoes and ticks are a problem
- All mosquitoes have one common requirement: they need stagnant/standing water to complete their life cycle
- The female mosquito needs a blood meal to develop her eggs
- Male mosquitoes do not bite, they feed solely on plant nectar
- Female mosquitoes can develop several hundred eggs at each blood meal and lay them in or around water
- Mosquito eggs are frequently attached to one another to form a raft, or in some cases the individual eggs float on the water
- The female mosquito begins to seek out an animal to feed on several days after emerging from the water
- Adult mosquitoes can live for a period of 4 to 8 weeks
- Mosquitoes develop from egg to adult in 10 to 14 days
- Mosquitoes spread diseases such as West Nile Virus, malaria and dengue fever
Mosquito Prevention Tips
- Reduce mosquito populations by emptying standing water at least once a week
- Place mosquito-eating fish such as gambusia and minnows in standing water
- Protect screen windows, doors, and other openings by covering them with mesh
- Avoid going outdoors when they are the most active: during dusk and dawn
- Use insect repellent containing DEET on the skin to help prevent mosquito bite
Get Started with InsectaShield®
Fill out our form to get started.
Use our interactive package builder to build your custom InsectaShield® plan. After filling out our short form, a team member will be in contact to get you started.