It may seem like the winter weather brings an end to the nuisance of insects and pests, but unfortunately their reign of annoyance does not cease just because of the shift in weather. The truth is these pesky critters are still active and looking for places to hide out in the colder months.
Though pests like mosquitoes and ants may have caused you trouble in the summer, mice and spiders could cause you issues during the winter. Just like we want to be cozy and warm during the winter, so do they and unfortunately, our homes can become perfect places for them to hunker down.
Here are some tips the National Pest Management Association recommends for you to protect your home this winter.
- Seal any cracks or holes outside the home. Rodents can fit through a hole the size of a dime.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home. Pests like mice an termites love wooded areas.
- Keep boxes off the floor and keep your home clean and organized. Pests love to make themselves at home in your belongings.
- Keep basements, attics or crawl spaces dry and ventilated.
- Eliminate areas of high moisture around your home. Things such as leaking pipes or clogged drains can encourage pests to come inside.
So, as you prepare your home for the winter months, keep these simple tips in mind. If you want additional pest prevention security, we can help. We have many services available that can give you extra peace of mind.
Check out our available services today!
Or give us a call if you have questions about the treatments available.
CAPE AREA: CALL OR TEXT 573-803-7828
SPRINGFIELD AREA: CALL OR TEXT 417-831-7378